OCT5-10 | Paddle Canada Level 4 Skills: Victoria & West Coast Vancouver Island
Our Paddle Canada Level 4 Skills Course offers an intensive curriculum for sea kayaking in technically challenging locations. With a focus on scenarios and problem solving, the course develops decision-making and paddling skills suitable for travelling in class-4 or greater water conditions. You'll gain experience in surf and currents, and confidently kayak the remote and exposed open coast for an extended trip, as part of a group.
- Lee Richardson: Lee is a professional sea kayak instructor with over 17 years combined in the educational and sea kayak industry. He has taught at Symposiums all over North America and teaches and guides regularly on the East Coast and West Coast. Instructor Trainer; Paddle Canada (PC) Level 4 Skills, PC Level 3 Instructor and Level 1 Instructor Trainer.
David Johnston: David Johnston has been introducing people to the sport of sea kayaking for the past 23 years. He is a senior instructor trainer with Paddle Canada and has taught for several paddling schools in Ontario and across Canada. David lives in Peterborough, Ontario and when not paddling, he is a web designer with the Ontario Provincial Government. Future dream jobs include becoming a professional wrestler referee or a certified waterslide tester.
- Paddle Canada Level-3 certification
- At least 10 day-trips kayaking in class-3 condition
- A minimum of three extended trips totalling 10 or more overnights
- The student must show evidence (e.g. weather/sea state logs, photography or video) that they spent a minimum of five days during any trip in class-3 conditions.
- An ability to confidently roll (on one side) in class-3 conditions is essential.
Location and meeting time:
- TBD. The instructors will use the forecast to determine the best locations and meeting times for the course.