MAY7-11 | Paddle Canada Level 2 Instructor: Victoria
The Sea Kayak Level-2 Instructor course provides national certification in the instruction and administration of the Paddle Canada Level-2 Skills course.
The Sea Kayak Level-2 Instructor is certified to:
- conduct Waterfront Kayak, Basic Kayak, Rolling Skills clinic, Level-1 Skills and Level-2 Skills courses and certify paddlers at those levels,
- assist a Level-3 Instructor on a Level-3 Skills course, and
- assist a Level-1 Instructor Trainer on a Level-1 instructor course.
- Lee Richardson: Lee is a professional sea kayak instructor with over 17 years combined in the educational and sea kayak industry. He has taught at Symposiums all over North America and teaches and guides regularly on the East Coast and West Coast. Instructor Trainer; Paddle Canada (PC) Level 4 Skills, PC Level 3 Instructor and Level 1 Instructor Trainer.
- James Roberts: James is the co-founder of Ontario Sea Kayak Centre and is our Senior Instructor Trainer and Lead Expedition Guide. James Roberts started surf kayaking at age 18 off the coast of the Isle of Wight, England. After immigrating to Canada in 2003 he took his surf kayak skills and started sea kayaking. His love of guiding kayaking expeditions and teaching paddling skills has taken him all over Canada from the Great Lakes to both the East and West coasts and up to Nunavik, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories. As a lead sea kayak guide and Expedition Leader James has worked in Antarctica, The Canadian and Norwegian Arctic, Iceland, Greenland, USA, England, and Mexico.
- Paddle Canada Level-3 certification
- Paddle Canada Level 1 Instructor certification
- The candidate will have a significant teaching experience as a Level-1 Instructor in a wide variety of conditions and locations including a minimum of 15 days of logged instruction of Level-1 curriculum (either courses or clinics).
- A minimum of two, Level-1 Skills courses within the past three years, being the lead instructor on both courses. These two courses count toward the 15 logged days.
Location and meeting time:
- TBD. The instructors will use the forecast to determine the best locations and meeting times for the course.
Please note that Paddle Canada charges $99.95 + tax for instructor membership.